Jen Queally and Genell Huston are excited to announce the unveiling of their first co-led teacher training. Join them, along with a collection of other awe-inspiring teachers and leaders for this collaborative learning experience. Step into the teachings of this ancient, yet continuously evolving practice. Cultivate studentship, leadership, and steeped connection.
The Journey of a lifetime begins with a single YES!
Whether your inspiration is to deepen your practice and understanding of yoga or share this ancient wisdom tradition with others, our Foundational 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Program will deliver.
When the student is ready the teachers appear.
We invite you…humble and sincere, passionate and compassionate students/teachers who feel the call to deepen and expand your understanding of what’s possible for the health and well-being of yourselves and our larger shared communities. Our belief is that we all deserve to be the best versions of ourselves and our YTT supports that mission. Ultimately, as we are all connected, this commitment is a gift to yourself that supports the health and overall wealth of our communities.
What Sets Us Apart:
Teaching yoga takes dedication, and consistency of personal practice. Our intention is to create a learning environment that encourages personal reflection, self understanding, self responsibility, and spiritual maturity within a grounded and connected context. Jen and Genell cultivate a strong and nourishing container for this adventure that is sure to be uplifting and life transformative. We will humbly and vulnerably share everything we know about yoga, Ayurveda, asana, meditation, and the cultivation of consciousness and conscious living.
In Sanskrit, Lila means “spontaneous play” with a focus on effortless or playful expression. Imagine “heaven on earth” cultivated thru spiritual practice. Yoga is a healing art form and has the potential to transform lives by cultivating and nourishing spiritual maturity while bringing practitioners into greater integrity, joy, and balance in body, mind, and spirit.
Our goal is to offer participants the guidance, knowledge, and tools necessary to feel confident offering quality, professional, safe and knowledgeable yoga in a variety of settings and for a variety of bodies.
- The understanding and creation of Sadhana or Daily Spiritual Practice
- Taking the seat of the teacher: presence, integrity, development of authentic voice
- Teaching methodology: prop usage, sequencing, adjusting skills, the use of themes, teaching beginners, injury prevention, creating individualized programs
- Understanding of variations on individual asanas (postures) including modifications and practicing yoga from the inside out
- Analytical training in how to practice and teach yoga asanas with a focus on alignment, and the flow of breath
- Meditation – guided and silent meditation techniques
- Pranayama – guided breathing techniques
- Yoga Philosophy: Patanjali’s Eight Fold Path (yama, niyama, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, samadhi)
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Ayurvedic Yogic Lifestyle
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology (including skeletal, muscular, respiratory, nervous, and endocrine systems – pre/post natal yoga guidance as well as more subtle anatomy)
- The art and necessity of Intention/Attention and Letting Go/Surrender
- Trauma Informed Teaching Precepts
- Ethics related to Yoga Teachers/Yoga Ethics
- Self Inquiry/Journaling/Outside Reading
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Practical application: practice teaching, assisting, and feedback
- Learning how to play, have fun, connect, and give back!
- One weekend module will take place retreat style in noble silence
About Jen and Genell:
- April 26-28, 2019
- May 24-26, 2019
- June 21-23, 2019
- July 26-28, 2019
- Aug 23-25, 2019
- Sept 20-22, 2019
- Oct 24-27, 2019 – 4 day Retreat
- Nov 22-24, 2018 – (Thanksgiving is Thursday, November 28th)
- Friday: 5-7:30pm (last ½ hour – meditation or yoga nidra)
- Saturday: 6-7am, 8:30-11:30am, 2:30-5pm
- Sunday: 6-7am, 8:30-11:30am, 2:30-5pm
- $600 non-refundable deposit due with application
- $3000 early bird registration fee if you pay in full by Jan 31st
- $3200 registrations received after Jan 31st (paid in full 4 weeks prior to course start date)
Jen Queally and Genell Huston along with guest teachers.