Kevin Wicks will be coming to Lila later this month to share his Qigong teaching. We asked him questions about his practice, life, and path as a yogi. Help us welcome Kevin to the Lila community on Saturday, May 26th, from 2:00-4:00pm for his workshop. Have fun reading and getting to know him more.
1. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOGA?
2. HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR WAY TO YOGA?
I have always been attracted to the mystical. I found Yoga itself in physical therapy after an injury.
3. WHO IS YOUR PRIMARY TEACHER RIGHT NOW?
Master Tevia Fung in Qigong and Swami Swaroopananda in Yoga are my primary teachers.
4. WHAT INSPIRES YOU TO KEEP TEACHING?
I share the teachings because they have helped and healed me in so many ways. When you experience this you can’t help but share it.
5. DO YOU HAVE A ROUTINE OR RITUALISTIC WAY TO START EACH DAY? IF SO, PLEASE DESCRIBE.
Each morning I meditate and study different scriptures, I drink tea and then do some movement Qigong or Yoga.
6. WHAT ARE SOME NON-NEGOTIABLES YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW TO MAINTAIN BALANCE AND HEALTH IN EVERYDAY LIVING?
Non-negotiable is practice is always a part of the day. In Many Ways.
7. WHAT DRAW YOU TO THE LILA COMMUNITY?
Friends Like Mark Fruhauf and Genell Vashro draw me to the Lila community. It’s also another place to give teachings that I’m happy to share.
8. IF YOU WOULD SUGGEST ONE BOOK TO THE COMMUNITY TO READ AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEEPEN THEIR LEARNING ON LIFE, YOGA, AND ALL THINGS, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The I-Ching (The book of changes). The I-Ching is not just a book for fortune telling as my Teacher says. It is a book that helps us to understand changes and how to adapt to them. This is one of the most valuable things we can do to maintain our overall well-being. To remain equanimous and adapt to all situations.