Join husband and wife team Genell + Saer Huston
for a Yoga & Surf getaway
March 17-24, 2018 – SAVE THE DATES!
at Encanta La Vida jungle lodge, Cabo Matapolo on the Osa Peninsula
Take a week to deepen your practice, surf, swim, play and nourish yourself by bathing yoursenses in bliss. Join husband and wife team, Genell & Saer Huston in the most bio-diverse place on the planet (according to National Geographic), Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula! The location of the retreat is Encanta la Vida jungle lodge, which about says it all in the name, encanta la vida = love life. Feel the fullness of life in this magical oceanside jungle.
We will spend eight days and seven nights at the Encanta la Vida retreat center and eco-lodge. Just a short walk through a canopied jungle, the eco lodge is located steps away from some of the best private and pristine point break beaches for surfers of all levels. Hike inland from the lodge and explore cool, refreshing waterfalls and abundant wildlife (monkeys, toucans, parrots, to name a few). Explore the coastline via beach on horseback or on top the ocean on a stand up paddle board. Stay close to home and enjoy a dip in the saltwater pool or laze in your hammock and enjoy a good read or nap.
The days on the retreat move with the cycles of light and water. Located just near the equator, the sun rises and sets around 6am and 6pm everyday. The timings of yoga practice, surf, and free play will shift slightly each day as we work to find optimal tides for surfing and appropriate times for practice.
A typical day may look like this (note – all activities are optional):
- 6am-6:30am – wake up to the jungle howler monkeys calling good morning
- 6:30am – 8am – light breakfast served – coffee, tea, granola, yogurt, and fresh fruit
- 7:30am – 9am – energizing full-spectrum asana practice in the open air yoga deck overlooking the ocean
- 9am – 10:30am – full breakfast – eggs, beans, rice, avocado, tomato, pancakes (or some variation of local foods, fresh fruits, and other delicious ingredients)
- 10:30am – 12:00pm – surf lesson
- 12:00pm – 1:30pm – lunch – another fresh and delicious meal. You also have the option to plan a boxed lunch if you wanted to be out on an adventure midday. An example from a previous menu included:
- Nicosse Salad
- Flaked tuna dressed with herb vinaigrette
- Blanched green beans and boiled potatoes with hard-boiled egg
- 1:30pm – 4pm – free time – nap, explore, surf, hike, or treat yourself to one of the many spa treatments offered through the lodge using local, raw, organic ingredients)
- 4pm – 5:30pm – grounding evening yoga session – more focus on unwinding at the end of the day – breath-work, restorative postures, and meditation.
- 5:30pm – 7pm – four-course community dinner – close off the day and enjoy another amazing meal cooked with local and fresh ingredients. An example from previous years included*:
- Hummus Salad with fresh bell pepper, carrots, cucumber and local cheese over a bed of crisp greens
- Black Bean Soup
- Tuna with Avocado Ceviche with Coconut Rice and Roasted Broccoli
- Mango Mousse
- 7pm – on – evening chill, socializing, and/or sleep
* The cooks can accommodate special diets and allergy restrictions. Please just notify us ahead of time so they can plan ahead.
Though there will be scheduled offerings throughout each day, the days are yours to spend as you wish: surfing (board rentals will be included), yoga, hiking, waterfall rappelling, enjoying spa treatments of massage, Thai massage or facials, bird-watching, walking the coastline, exploring the jungle canopy on a zip-line, or just simply being.
Registration is fully inclusive for eight days and seven nights at the Encanta la Vida retreat center and lodge including three gourmet meals a day showcasing fresh, local ingredients. Price also includes 2 daily yoga classes, surf lessons, surf board rentals, and travel to and from Puerto Jimenez. You are responsible for travel to and from Puerto Jimenez. Please visit Encanta la Vida’s website regarding travel information (you secure your own travel to and from Costa Rica).
Registration + full payment in order to get full discount on or before Nov 1st, 2017
You are responsible for own travel cost
*Special rates apply for families with infants and children, please inquire.
Or, make check payable to Lila East End Yoga re: CR Retreat and mail check to:
41 Pillsbury St
S. Portland, ME 04106
The deposit and payment for the retreat are non-refundable. In the event of a serious illness, injury, or a death in your immediate family not allowing you to attend the retreat, the following cancelation policies will apply:
- If you cancel before November 28th, 2017, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $75 administrative fee and the non-refundable $500 deposit. (A total of $575 will be withheld.)
- If you cancel after November 28th, 2017, but before Feb. 10th, 2018, you will be refunded the full amount minus a $150 administrative fee and the non-refundable $500 deposit (a total of $650 will be withheld).
- If you cancel after Feb 10th, 2018 the registrant is required to work out any refund details, if any, directly with the retreat center. At a minimum, the non-refundable deposit will be withheld.